"May your eyes continue to see beautiful and significant things, and your soul dance to good music."

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Antoinese Watkins

Ms. Toni Watkins
Man, she's another one of the most greatest woman I have met while working at Project PLASE.  She makes me feel like a grown up, I mean most of them do, but Toni truly makes me feel like an adult while we discuss politics of our small non-profit and complain about our feelings and how frustrated we are with different things in life.  I absolutely love this woman with all my heart and appreciate everything she has done for me.

Once again like many of the people I work with, they don't have much to offer and that's ok.  All I can ask for is a helping hand whenever I'm in need, and Toni is exactly that.  On many occasions I have gone to her for questions about what I'm suppose to do or not do,  what should they expect of me and what they shouldn't expect, and for a constant reminder like many give me, "You're just a volunteer."  (Yup, I get that a lot and I use it a lot also.  Bah ha ha)

Toni has been such a wonderful influence.  She's a strong woman going through her own struggles but yet knows how to serve others.  She knows how to be a friend.  She's my friend and I'm so proud of calling her that.

My favorite moments seem so little but just getting a hug from her makes my day.  It's always sincere and I know she really does care about me, she's happy to see me, or sad to see I'm leaving for the weekend.  She truly does express her feelings towards me and I love her to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment